My favorite time of the year is Winter in DC! I'm so glad it's finally getting cold enough to wear scarves and mittens - a definite sign that all the fun holiday events and activities are near. So, what's fun to do in DC during the winter you ask? My list is this:
1. Ice Skating on the National Mall - It really doesn't get better than this. Outdoor ice skating is fun, but doing it in the center of DC, surrounded by monuments? Pretty great.
2. United States Botanic Garden - Each year, the Botanic Garden creates an amazing holiday exhibit with tons of toy train tracks running through the indoor gardens. They also put out miniatures of all of the DC monuments made out of pieces of plant (hard to explain --> click the link to see what I'm talking about!). It's a really popular place to go for the holidays - absolutely beautiful.
3. National Christmas Tree - Every year, I enter the lottery for tickets to attend the Christmas tree lighting - no luck yet! It's still fun to go see the tree after it's been lit.
4. Christmas Carol at Ford's Theater - Whether you see the Christmas Carol or another show, Ford's Theatre is a must-see. So much history in this little city!
5. Christmas Shopping in Georgetown - Shopping is an important part of the holiday season, and Georgetown has all the best gift shops. Personally, I'd much rather go in and out of shops downtown then go to a crowded mall for my shopping. Georgetown also gets decked out for the holidays, so it's a must-see.
Outside of all my holiday celebrations - I'm still working hard at school! We're about half-way done Mod 2 now, and I feel like we're in the home stretch.
For those of you who were wondering how my Global bidding turned out - I got a marketing project in Tel Aviv, Israel!